Matt and Natasha fully embrace the concept that a successful community needs to have robust and active non-profit organizations. Many members of our community need assistance that in many cases are not sufficiently addressed by government programs. For this reason, Matt will be a champion for supporting our local non-profits, encouraging support from Round Rock citizens and businesses. As a Councilman, Matt will be committed to highlighting various non-profits each month, and will personally help in fund-raising events.
Following are listed a few of the organizations that Matt either currently or has served in the past:
- Chair, Senior Access – an organization that provides free transportation to seniors who can no longer drive but are otherwise independent and able to live at home. Examples include trips to the grocery store or doctor’s office. Serving Round Rock, Hutto, East Austin and Manor
- Board Member & Paul Harris Fellow, Round Rock Rotary – a service club dedicated to multiple service areas in the Round Rock community
- Sponsor, Play For All Park expansion
- Chair, TCEQ Beach Cleanup – Statewide initiative to gather employees for a day of cleaning trash from Texas beaches
- Participant, Coats for Kids – providing coats free of charge to children in our community
- Participant, Backpack Coalition – ensuring that children in the Round Rock area have sufficient food for the weekends